Thursday, April 24, 2008

Training Programme for 25th April 2008

Dear all,

You may ask, "Why is it that some of the athletes from some schools can run faster?".

The answer is that they have a high level of commitment and endurance in them. Many of us are not born runners. The only way to achieve the level of excellence is to put in extra hard work. To tell you frankly, I was not a very good runner when I was 13-14. I remembered my first 2.4km when I was 13 was 11mins 30s. I couldn't keep up with others no matter how hard I tried. And worse of all, I received no support from my teachers. All they could say was: "Hey Will, forget it. You'll never make it."

At first, I was discouraged. But I still tried. I remembered training at AMK park. (The park with Mcdonald's which we did slopes) When my friends were playing, I was running. When my friends were having games, I was running. I just kept running as I thought the only way to improve was to put in more effort.

Similarly, the only way for us to improve is to continue to work hard. If the athletes train with only 4 laps, we will have to train with 8 laps. You have only trained with me for 3-4months. So your improvements will only show in high amounts only if you continue to train for a year. You must not give up.

You'll have to train by yourself during this period because its the examinations period and I am not supposed to train with you. You can join me during the weekends at Macritchie.

Tomorrow's training:

Long Run: 40mins
4 X Stridings
Strengthening: Crunches, Push ups, Backraises
Conditioning: Ankle Jumps and Hamstring exercises

Please do the workout when you have finished studying and in need of a break. So not lose the momentum and stop training as it is very difficult to catch up again.

- Coach

No comments: