Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Self Driven Motivation

Dear all,

I have some things to share with you.

Sometimes, we may ask ourselves why we train. Is it for glory? Is it for the sake of winning?

But look inside yourself and search for the answer.

My answer is: "I train because I have a passion for running and I want to put in my best in every training session."

Sometimes I think about life and I realised that it can be very short. When I look back, I want to see myself as a person who had put in my best in every session. Even if I do not win in all competitions, I want to know that I had put in my best and tried all I can.

Running is something that is a reflection on our discipline. A good runner is disciplined in training. He knows the answer to hard work are results.

So I urge all of you to be self motivated and train hard. Sometimes I know it is frustrating to see people in front of you in races. But who can hold the first position forever? But if you put in your heart and soul in training, you will know that you had led a fulfiling teenage life.

Many of you need to improve in your stride and the way to run. You need practice and guidance. Try to attend the training sessions as much as possible.

Remember: Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

- Coach

No comments: