Sunday, December 30, 2007

Training

Dear all,

Today I noticed that some of you came down and joined me for training. As usual, its the same faces, Jia qi, Esther, PY and so on. Most of the times, I would also see Nicholas, Hafiz, Bryan, Ryley, Avril, Kiazhi, Ying xian. Occasionally, I would also see Joey, Wang Yin, Shaheer, Kenneth and so on.

Perhaps I had left out your name in the list above. But it really does not matter. What matters most is to come down and join me for a run whenever you can. Why? Simple. If you join me, you'll improve. Running is the sport with the longest span of history. And it is the only sport where results display the efforts put in by the athlete.

I do not want to groom star runners who run for 4 years and hang up their running shoes. I want to build lifelong runners. Runners who would continue to train and motivate the younger generation as I have tried to do so too.

Is winning the most important thing in sports? No. Its not. Its the enjoyment in the participation and the effort placed that counts. Take this time to think. You only live once. So make the best out of it and push yourself to greater heights.

Learn the techniques in running and love the sport. As I have loved it so much myself.

- Coach

No comments: